JOB DESCRIPTION 1
- The Debt Collector is responsible for the daily tasks related to collection efforts of a portfolio of customer accounts.
- The Debt Collector will effectively communicate and support the Division’s collection goals, while providing quality customer service as well as actively pursue knowledge of skills and tools to be used in all collection efforts.
- Recognition of significant credit risks and escalation of these matters are critical.
- Collection efforts are time sensitive, requiring excellent skills in organization and management of time, efforts, and resources.
- Research will be required and will require employing skills and resources to achieve a thorough understanding of information.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 – 3 year’s commercial collection experience. Experience with full cycle commercial bankruptcy and current knowledge of bankruptcy laws.
- Understanding of quality customer service and the relationship to collection efforts.
- Experience with collection software a plus.
- Basic Excel experience required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
JOB DESCRIPTION 2
Are you a Top Performer who wants to be compensated for your efforts?
Our company is seeking Top Performers to add to an already highly motivated and successful collection staff.
Our standards are high. We do not simply “hire” employees. Our unique screening process has identified the distinctive qualities of a Top Performing Debt Collector. We “select” goal oriented high achievers to become part of our family.
Our expectations are high. Candidates who meet our high standards – and demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow – will be well-positioned to enjoy a successful and rewarding career with our company.
Our rewards are high. Our Compensation includes several aggressive bonus plans, generous benefits packages, and flexible schedules to reward Top Performers.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, multi-task environment that is focused on exceeding our clients’ goals.
- Be able to communicate with debtors in a clear and professional manner on the telephone to assist them in finding solutions to resolve delinquent obligations.
- Make clear and concise notations on accounts to document your work after each telephone communication.
- Work at least 2 evenings a week until 9 PM Central Standard Time and 2 Saturday mornings a month.
- Have a solid recent work history. Collections, call center, or sales backgrounds are a plus.
- Be able to pass comprehensive drug screen and criminal background check.
JOB DESCRIPTION 3
This position is responsible for claim handling during the collections process. Claims are placed by 3rd party collections clients as well as via the claims filing process. The Debt Collector is charged with making direct contact with the debtor via the telephone and through written correspondence. In the instances that there is no valid contact information for the debtor, they will be tasked with utilizing various skip trace techniques to locate and contact the debtor. The Debt Collector will also be responsible for maintaining consistent contact with the client or the sales department for the purpose of status reporting as to the progress of the claim.
- Analyze pertinent documents to determine the best course of action and validate amounts due.
- Portfolio management of 400 – 600 claims ranging $100-1500 at any given time.
- Complete understanding of the pertinent collection regulations in various regions.
- Work with clients as it pertains to relaying proper expectations for the collections process.
- Correspond with debtor on behalf of our clients in writing and by telephone.
- Audit incoming payment transactions to direct/confirm to the accounting area proper rates to charge for financial posting to the accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills (written and oral).
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical abilities; ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively, simultaneously and for the optimum benefit of the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve, think strategically and execute tactically.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related graphic programs.
- 2 – 3 years of Commercial Collections experience – preferred.
- Proficiency in PC based collection software a plus.
- Ability to work in paperless environment.
- Ensure regular and ongoing feedback and performance evaluations to attain optimum performance (based on goals) and personal development.
- Create a customer-oriented/focused mindset and be challenged to improve standards and increase business through exceptional customer service and care.
- Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems. Must posses the ability to foresee, react, and offer solutions; probe for hidden information; analyze honestly and look beyond single solution answers.
- Relate well to all people inside and outside the organization; build appropriate rapport; is constructive and effective with business relationships; use diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations.
JOB DESCRIPTION 4
Our company s a third party collection agency working with some of the largest companies in the world. Our strategy, management and collection tools have allowed our company to produce results at a much higher level than our competition. We are currently seeking Debt Collectors who are highly motivated with experience in a fast-paced environment as well as customer service.
- As a Debt Collector you will make outbound calls to consumers informing them they have a delinquent account that needs to be paid.
- You will be responsible for gathering information about the consumer’s current financial situation and negotiating the best possible arrangement if the consumer cannot pay their balance in full all while collecting legally, morally, and ethically.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a production driven environment that demands focus.
- Collections experience not required but preferred.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- A clear criminal background and be able to pass a possible drug test.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
JOB DESCRIPTION 5
- High volume commercial collections.
- Collect from high and low volume accounts.
- Prepare and verify the daily deposit.
- Process certificates of insurance.
- Deal with debtors and profit centers to get disputed invoices resolved.
- Sign off on conditional/unconditional lien releases.
- 1-3 years of commercial collections experience is required.
- Excellent customer service skills both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of state commercial laws.
- Knowledge of legal lending methods.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have an energetic upbeat attitude.
JOB DESCRIPTION 6
- Manage collections of select clients.
- Contact delinquent clients to discuss open invoices and get resolution.
- Maintain monthly statements.
- Follow-up with debtors who are non-responsive via letter series.
- Document all collection activities in collection software system.
- Coordinate the write-off approval process.
- Monitor write-off requests prepared by accounting staff.
- Review requests for proper documentation and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Complete necessary analysis and forward significant write-off requests to appropriate internal staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, or equivalent.
- Commercial collection experience.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time.
- Effective verbal, interpersonal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to provide input regarding statues and regulations.
- International credit experience is a plus.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or similar tools.
- Experience with collection software.
JOB DESCRIPTION 7
Be a part of our success story. Our company offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to do the best work of their lives in a dynamic company. We are a commercial collection agency that offers comprehensive, fully-coordinated debt recovery services to clients in the credit-granting industries. Our clients are provided with professional portfolio management for commercial, including collections, bankruptcy, and litigation and probate services. Debt Collectors provide an initial point of contact where debtors who are delinquent, or who are facing a personal situation that will result in assistance with their account.
- Contact delinquent account holders to negotiate and arrange payment on delinquent accounts.
- Clear, concise, and professional communication with all debtors or clients.
- Conduct skip trace work.
- Follow guidelines set forth by governing bodies.
- Follows-up on accounts in queue to ensure payment arrangements are maintained.
- Set up electronic check payments or money orders as requested by the debtor.
- Must be self-motivated with strong decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Skilled with PC and Microsoft Operating Systems software, a variety of telephone equipment, including headset or handset.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees, customers, clients, and other involved parties.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Some collections experience is preferred.
- English-Spanish bilingual skills are a plus.
JOB DESCRIPTION 8
This position will be responsible for negotiating payment arrangements with debtors on third party accounts, meeting monthly goals, and demonstrating strong communication skills, principally by phone. Debt Collectors must be incentive-driven, outgoing, and reliable, have the ability to make good judgment decisions, and must enjoy working in a high-volume call center.
- Communicate with debtors by telephone and written correspondence to attempt to bring resolution to unpaid accounts.
- Provide thorough, efficient, and accurate account updates on computer files for each call made.
- Demonstrate effective skip tracing techniques by locating debtor home phone number, address, and/or place of employment and process accounts for legal action.
- Counsel delinquent account debtors to assist in finding funds to meet debt obligations.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) certificate.
- Previous collections experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
- Ability to work in multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
- 18 years of age or older.
- All qualified applicants must successfully pass a background check.
JOB DESCRIPTION 9
Our company is one of the most respected commercial collection agencies in the country and is committed to providing excellent collection services to its clients through its highly trained and professional personnel. All accounts placed at our company are first placement accounts. We are looking for Debt Collectors who are willing to be among the most highly trained in the industry. We offer an uncapped and unlimited commission structure and will provide you with the tools and skills that you need to establish a long-term career as a debt collection professional. We are committed to our employees’ career advancement and are always seeking forward-thinking team players who have a desire to succeed.
- Our Debt Collectors are responsible for placing outbound and receiving inbound calls in order to schedule and negotiate the repayments of debts.
- In some cases Debt Collectors are responsible for searching for and locating individuals.
- They are also responsible for providing accurate documentation of all activities and conversations.
- All activities as a debt collector must be performed within state and federal law and must be within company guidelines.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills and be able to ask probing questions in a professional tone.
- Must have the ability to negotiate and write well.
- Must have a history of job stability.
- Must be assertive and still display strong customer service skills.
Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in teams.
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Must be the type of person who is able to understand and discuss personal and financial difficulties.
- Must be able to analyze and negotiate payment arrangements.
- Must have computer skills such as being able to type and use software.
- Must be committed to their own success by reporting to work when scheduled.
- Must be able to comply with all state, federal and company rules and policies.
JOB DESCRIPTION 10
The Debt Collector is responsible for contacting commercial accounts in order to negotiate payment in full, settlements or payment arrangements on aged or high balance commercial debt, while following federal, state, and client collection guidelines and laws.
- Utilize various skip tracing techniques to locate right parties in order to negotiate payment arrangements.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods when right party is reached. The negotiation process often requires reviewing the account information in database, and/or asking probing questions of the consumer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Overcome stalls and objections and suggest money sources for debt payment.
- Leave messages with consumers informing them of contact points via a mandated script.
- Execute verbal skip tracing procedures when non-right party is reached. This includes asking for home address, home telephone number, and place of employment.
- Utilize the scripted opening when the right party is reached. This includes identifying the consumer, identifying company, and asking for payment on the account.
- Update the customer record with new information; record the call result or disposition; as well as any relevant notes about the call via the menu or narrative section of the system.
- A high school diploma and six months relevant experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, collections, or a related role is required.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party disclosure and the ability to be licensed in all states is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, utilizing proper grammar and telephone etiquette is required.
- Ability to operate PC and keyboard knowledge is required.
- Ability to compute basic math calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages is required.
- Employee has contact with individuals within their department and extensive external contact with consumers.
- Employee works in an office environment. Employee sits at a desk during regularly scheduled work hours; answers and makes telephone calls using a standard telephone; types on a standard keyboard; reads and comprehends information from a computer terminal and/or written resources.
For more information on debt collection job descriptions check out Consumer Debt Collector Job Descriptions.
Back to Debt Collector Job Descriptions